Sunday, May 11, 2014

For All The Moms

                                    "Parenting is traumatic"



This is what I heard from a Focus on The Family parenting message Hunky Hubby and I listened to this week. I had never heard a better definition of being a parent before.

This is a hard job.
No doubt about it. 
I'm pretty sure that anyone who ever thought or said that stay at home moms have it easy, never tried it. 
No parent has it easy.



I have never been more frustrated, exhausted, stressed out, or felt like more of a failure at anything I've ever done than being a mom. 

I've also never been so happy.
I absolutely love being a mom.
It was the perfect job that I had been waiting for.
I have never felt more important, fulfilled, satisfied or loved as I do being a mom.

I look at the three boys that God has blessed me with and my heart swells, it gets a little hard to breathe, and tears pool in the corner of my eyes because it is just so amazing that I get to be their mom.
I love them so much.


It feels like "your heart walking around outside of your body"

It's that kind of amazing.

I am so thankful to have this hard, amazing, difficult, awesome, exhausting, wouldn't-trade-it-for-the-world, job.

Moms, in the midst of your traumatic experience of mothering, remember this: you are the perfect mom for your child. God gave that specific child to you and you to that child. You may not be perfect, but you are exactly the Momma that your baby needs.

So carry on Mom! 

And when the going gets tough, well, take a break. 
That's what Grandma is for! 

I hope you enjoyed this day in honor of you.  




Pin It

No comments: