Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Independence Day!

I just wanted to take a minute from our day and wish you all a very happy Independence Day!


I hope you have a safe and fun holiday celebration. 
I also hope you take a moment and give thanks to God for the freedom you enjoy living here in the United States of America. Without God, this nation would not exist as it does today.
This country is a result  of our forefathers seeking religious freedom.  That is what drove them to leave their home country and make the dangerous journey to this strange new land.  It was for the express purpose of being able to worship God in the way they chose, that they fought to be a free nation. 
I am thankful for the tenacity and 
commitment of those brave people.
It is because of them that I can wake up each day and read my Bible.  I can attend church freely every week.  I can discuss God with a stranger that I encounter at the park, I can meet together with others in my home and have a Bible study. I can openly and freely teach my children about God.  All without being persecuted.   
It is something to be extremely thankful for.  
This independence that we often take for granted. 
So celebrate it loud and proud, and do your part to make sure that in 20, 30, 60, 80 years, we will still be able to freely proclaim the name of Jesus Christ in this country.

Pin It

No comments: