Thursday, December 20, 2012

Free & Festive Decorations


Want to add a little Christmas cheer to your home? I've got an idea to share that didn't cost me a dime.  I was able to use all materials I had around the house and in the yard.
Now of course this isn't an origional idea.  I saw similar arrangements in some pictures I saw on the internet while researching Christmas decorations. I'm sure I've got something pinned on my Holiday Happiness Pinterest board if you are interested.
Okay, let's get started. They were really simple to put together.
First of all, I braved the frozen tundra of our back yard to harvest a few pine boughs off of some of the trees in our back yard.  They needed a little pruning anyway.


 

Then I gathered up a few of the vases that I had decorating the top of my kitchen cabinets.
I also grabbed some holiday colored ribbon and some twine.


Snip the boughs to appropriate lengths. With a little careful placement and the addition of some fake red berries, you have a nice holiday styled arrangement.


I made three different arrangements to place around the kitchen and dining area. 
They pack a big holiday punch for a tiny bit of cost and effort.
It's not to late to make one for your home.
They would also make a nice hostess gift for some of these holiday parties you'll be attending.  


Add a little jolly to your holiday with these natural arrangements.
Happy decorating!

Pin It

No comments: