Wednesday, January 2, 2013

It's That Time Again


Resolutions . . .
I know a lot of people spend a lot of time thinking about and planning what their resolutions for the new year will be.
Not me.
Nope.
I don't believe in resolutions.
And I'm terrible at setting goals and keeping them.
That isn't to say I shouldn't try . . .
However, I've decided to simplify things. 


If I simply decide to make an effort to grow in my relationship with God, then I will be different at the end of the year, than I was at the beginning of it.
I'll cover a lot of ground in one fell swoop, as they say.
It covers my desire to be healthier and more active.
It covers my desire to change and be a better wife and mother.
It covers my desire to be a better friend.
It covers my desire to learn to think about others more than myself.
It covers my desire to become who God made me to be.
In fact, if my only goal for the year is to grow in my relationship with Christ, and I do that, I will be guaranteed to change and improve in all the areas of my life that I want to change in.
You see, God may love me just as I am (and you too for that matter), but he loves me enough not to leave me as I am.
There is a verse in the Bible that says "And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ (Phillipians 1:6) 
This verse alone brings me so much hope for this new year!
Because of the salvation that I have received, I know that God has begun a good work in me already.
I am also assured by this verse that he will keep working on me as the years go by!
However, I won't be complete until His return for me or until I join Him in heaven.
I'm learning to be okay with that last part.
I'd prefer to be perfected this side of heaven.
But I am learning, changing, and growing each day.
I understand a little better that Gods ways aren't the same as my ways.
They are so much better.
So I'm going to choose to leave Him in charge this year.
I'm simply going to commit to give all I've got to pursuing Him throughout the year.
I can rest in the fact that God will do the rest.
And I'm looking forward to that.
I know from past experience, it promises to be an interesting year.


How about you?
What are you looking forward to this coming year?
Have you recieved God's gift of salvation?
If you have a question about what that means, please contact me.  I'd love to explain it to you in more detail.

Happy New Year!

-Jana- Pin It

No comments: