Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Home School Field Trip - part 2

Beginning where we left off:


After the Leigh Yawkeye Woodson Art Museum, I wanted to take the boys out for a special treat.

Sweet Lola's is a cupcakery in the square in downtown Wausau.


I really love the square. The city developers and the business owners have done a great job of making the square a cool place to dine, shop and find entertainment.


Back to Sweet Lola's. 

The boys have never been a to a cupcakery before. I loved watching their faces as they perused the baked goods through the case.  Seth and Wyat changed their minds at least once.

It was even better watching these boys of mine devour their sweet treats.


Mmmmmmmmmmmm. . . . .


Mmmmmmmmmm . . . .


 Mmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!

It's obvious that he enjoyed his cupcake by the evidence on his face.

 I enjoyed mine too. (Although I tried to keep it off my face)

It was worth every calorie.


I got the chocolate cupcake with peanut butter frosting.


(Please excuse the blurry photo.  Tate is still working on his photography skills.) 

The cupcakse were good to the last bite. 

We all cleaned our plates and then licked the rest of the frosting off of them. (you would too)

Of course we couldn't enjoy all this deliciousness and not bring any home for Troy.

Fortunately, they have really adorable to-go boxes.


Thanks for the treat Sweet Lola's.

We'll be looking forward to our next visit.


Oh, I brought a cupcake called Irish Car Bomb home for Troy.  He was sweet enough to share it.

Let's just say, the frosting was divine.

If they are serving Irish Car Bomb next time I go, that will be the one I get.


I'll be having sweet memories of this home school field trip.  Who wants to join us next time?

Pin It

No comments: