Monday, April 22, 2013

It's The Little Things


I was down in Fond Du Lac visiting my mom so I took advantage of the opportunity and visited my favorite store, TJ MAXX.

It is probably a really good thing that I do not live in the same town as TJ.

It could cause some serious marital complications.

However, when I am in a town that has a TJ MAXX, I love to shop there first for the things I am looking for.  I love their selection, and their prices, especially if you can land a clearance item.  I also love that they have popular brand names for less, and that nearly everything they carry is stylish. 

Anyway, I really love their section on kitchen gadgets and dishes.

I mean, REALLY love it.

I found a little treasure during my last visit that cost me only $2.99 but promises to make my life easier and make me smile all at the same time.

It's for my kitchen sink.
Which usually looks like this; only messier and piled full of dirty dishes. 
I cleaned up for you.
You can thank me later.



Watch what happens when you move in for a closer look though:



Wait .  .  . What's that in the sink?



Yep, it's a pig.

Isn't it cute?  And no, I do not think that this little pig strainer is stylish.  However, it is whimsical and kinda cheers up an otherwise dull job.  Plus, it functions much better than my last one which was made out of mesh material and was impossible to keep clean.  This little piggy works just right.

Totally worth the $2.99.



And because it's a pig, it doesn't mind doing the dirty work.
So what do you think about that?

Oh, this little guy is made by a company called Jo!e.  You can check out this website for more of their products. They have a whole line of animalified (I made that word up) kitchen utensils and gadgets.  If I was going to equip a kids kitchen, I'd be all over these babies.  As it is, I think the pig will probably be my only animal addition to my kitchen.  But hey, if you love farm critters, head to your nearest TJ MAXX and buy up a bunch of fun kitchen tools!  This one seems to be really well made and it functions perfectly.

Plus, it makes me smile.

What kind of crazy things do you keep around your house that bring a smile to your face?
Leave a comment and let me know.

***p.s. I was not in any way compensated for the review on this Jo!e brand product or the store     TJ MAXX.  I just like to share the things I love. 
I'm nice like that.

Pin It

1 comment:

Darryl Iorio said...

The little pig strainer you placed in your kitchen sink look cute! It will keep your leftovers from going down to the pipes and will makes your sink lovely at the same time. I like it, so I'm going to look for one as well. I hope to find a panda or a kangaroo strainer though. Hahaha!