Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Recipe: Mexican Rice

Did I ever tell you about the most amazing Mexican rice recipe I have ever tasted?
I don't think I did.
Because I am a loving person, I will share this recipe with you today.
I am fairly certain that I got this recipe from homesicktexan.blogspot.com.



I love this rice because it has so much flavor.  
So much Spanish/Mexican rice that I have tasted is just too blah. It tastes more like chicken stock than anything remotely Spanish flavored.  
Not this rice.  
It has copious amounts of tomato, lime, and cilantro flavors bursting out of it. 
Mmmm, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.
It is a perfect compliment to fajita's, taco's, quesadilla's, enchilada's, tamale's or any other Mexican dish you love!


You can practically see the flavor! 
Here is the recipe: 

Mexican Rice from homesicktexan.blogspot.com

1 C - rice
2 C -chicken broth
1 TBS - butter
1 TBS - olive oil
1 - small onion, diced
4 - cloves garlic, minced
1/4 C - tomato paste
1 TBS - lime juice
1/2 C - cilantro
1 TBS - cumin
salt to taste

-Add rice, broth and butter to pot.
-bring to a boil on High, stir once and cover
-simmer on low for 20 minutes
- remove from heat and keep covered for an additional 10 minutes

- meanwhile in a large skillet cook onion in olive oil until just about brown.  Add garlic to pan, stir and cook for 1 minute.  Stir in tomato paste and cumin. Cook for 1 minute. 
- mix in cooked rice, lime juice and cilantro. 
Season to taste and enjoy!


It is so tasty! 
You'll be glad you made it.
Trust me! 






Pin It

No comments: