Friday, March 16, 2012

Silly Bands, Sily Boy

Seth started his silly bands collection last summer. He has not taken them off for anything. They've been on his wrist through sun and rain, swimming and baths, sweaty soccer games, beach days, snow days, and all the days in between. He had quite the collection. 39 to be exact. I'm pretty sure at some point in time he had over 40 but he's given a few away and a couple have broken. Well, looking at his wrist last night, his father and I decided it was time to remove a few bracelets. I mean really, did they need to stay on indefinitely? We didn't want the silly bracelets to become a part of his identity or something.
Here's the before:


And here is the after:


Notice the funky brown spots on his wrist? That's dirt. Or mold. I'm not sure which. We did let him keep his Threads of Hope bracelets on since they would have needed to be cut off and we didn't want to make him ruin them.


He said his arm feels lighter now. It's kinda weird looking at his wrist and not seeing it covered in 4 inches of plastic. I wonder why he decided to amass as many silly bands as possible and wear them for so long? Who knows why boys do the things they do. Definitely not me, their mom. I just shake my head and smile.

Then we've got this kid -
He has decided that it is his duty to rid the yard and bird feeder of squirrels.


Don't call PETA! We live in the north woods OK? This is what boys do, or so I've been told by my north woods born and raised hubby. Tate's odds at hitting his target have greatly improved since he has been allowed to use the little shot gun. When he was restricted to the b.b. gun, well, let's just say the squirrels were not afraid.
 Sorry, no updated pictures of the third little Beaber. I didn't have my camera yesterday when he filled his new rain boots up with water because he stepped in a puddle that was just a bit too deep. He actually poured water out of his boot when he got back on dry ground. :)
Enjoy your weekend! Enjoy your kids! If they are anything like mine, there is never a dull moment. Pin It

1 comment:

Mary Kramer said...

I love those boys, silly or not!!