Monday, June 25, 2012

Vintage Table

I know you are dying to know what I did with my vintage table that I scored at the rummage-sale-to-end-all-rummage-sales.

Well, I truly didn't have to do much.
I cleaned it up a little bit and moved it right into the house.

Here it is in all it's rummage glory.


I thought you might enjoy a little close up of the metal detailing.


Here she is all cleaned up and prettified.
Yes that is a word.
Don't question it.


I put the table in the living room between two chairs that I had painted white last year.  They had been in my bedroom but when I rearranged the living room furniture I had room for extra seating so I moved them out. 


  I think it makes a great compliment to the chairs, and hey,  there are never enough tables for coffee mugs to be set on during Bible Study.  Now we'll have one more.


These books were given to me by my Grandfather.  They are pretty old.  Which I thought was appropriate for an old table.


Next I'm going to be tackling that wall behind the chairs.  I've got a couple of ideas but I'm trying to think it through before banging a bunch of holes into the wall.  I think I'm looking for a new wall color too.  Yep, no 10 year paint warrantees needed here.  I hit 3 and I'm ready for a change.

When it comes to decorating, I like to mix things up.  I'm  a bit eclectic. I don't have a problem with pairing vintage and modern.  I don't like sterile environments. I don't believe having kids means that you can't have anything stylish.  I like to pull ideas from all different sources and blend them together.  I like to repurpose items.
Mostly I want my house to be comfortable and relaxing. I can get really caught up in all of the beautiful homes you see in Better Homes and Gardens and other decorating magazines if I'm not careful. But basically I don't want my house looking like a cookie cutter of all those magazine pictures. 
Which in reality, shouldn't be too hard, since I don't have that kind of money.
I want my home to be different from everybody elses. I want it to be uniquely suited to my family.  And I want it to be filled with all of our sentimental objects spread around as stylishly as possible.
Am I asking too much?
I don't think so.

What is the most important thing to you when you consider decorating your home?
What's your favorite pain color, I could use some ideas.

I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks for stopping.

                  - Jana
Pin It

No comments: