Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Roasted Garden Veggies

Did anyone garden this summer?
Or maybe you are a fan of the local Farmer's Market? 
You may be wondering what to do with the abundance of amazing produce you have gathered from either your personal garden or from produce you've bought or been given from a neighbor. 
Let's be real, no one can eat all the zucchini that comes out of their own garden.  It needs to be passed along.   And passed along again, and again.
 
 
I am more of a summer squash fan myself. I know that there aren't many differences between a zucchini and a summer squash, but I love the bright yellow skins.  If you've been graced with an abundant crop of garden veggies, you may be running out of ideas on how to eat them. I thought I 'd share one of my favorite ways with you. 
I like to make a roasted vegetable medley
You can use almost any combination that you like.
In the pictures below you will see cauliflower, summer squash, mushrooms, sugar snap peas, broccoli, red potatoes, carrots, and onions.
 
 
I dice everything up, put it all in a bowl, and then drizzle olive oil on top. I mix it up so that all the veggies have a light coat of oil on them. 
Then I add the seasoning.
Some of my favorites to use are rosemary, garlic, salt and fresh ground pepper.  But you can add almost anything that makes you salivate.  I don't use measurements, I just sprinkle until it looks right.

 
Mix it all together really well. Then spread it out on a cookie sheet.  I usually bake it at about 375 to 400.  You do have to keep an eye on things so they don't get over done. Usually 20 minutes will do it.  I like my veggies cooked so that they are still al little crisp.
You could also package this all up in an aluminum foil packet and throw it on the grill.



Roasted veggies make a delicious accompaniment to any summer meal. 
Go gather up your fresh veggies and roast away, you'll be glad you did.
It's so good.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
                Jana

Pin It

No comments: