Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I Think It's Finally Here!

Yes, I think we may be able to say it.
Finally.
Are you ready?

Summer is Here!

The last few days have been completely, wonderfully, beautiful.
Absolutely Perfect.

I LOVE summer.

Yesterday I hung my laundry on the clothesline to dry in the breeze.
This morning I was able to eat my breakfast out on the deck.
That makes my heart happy.

In the summertime we spend a lot of time outside.
We spend a lot of time at SBR.
We spend a lot of time swimming at the lake.
Well, the kids swim. 
I just work on my tan. When you are as pale as I am, it takes a lot of effort to look tan.

Yesterday, we went over to SBR and met some friends. 


Sitting and chatting around the mandatory campfire.

playing at the park


After playing together at the park for a while, it was so warm, the kids wanted to go down to the beach.
So we did!





The kids had soooooooooooo (yes, that much) fun playing in the kayaks and paddle boats down at the lake.  They splashed and played and paddled and laughed for more than two hours.  Long enough for me to get a sun burn.  7 kids, happy as clams, playing in the green algae infested water.
Meanwhile, while they were splashing and having such a good time, I was able to have some good girl-time with the momma of all these cute blond kiddo's and my friend Caiti and her sister.
One of my favorite ways to while away an afternoon. 
Happy kids and sweet fellowship. 
Doesn't get much better than that.

We'll be doing a lot more of this kinda thing this summer.
How about joining us?

How do you plan on spending your summer days?
I'd love some ideas!

Now go outside and enjoy this weather!
Pin It

No comments: