Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Pioneer Woman's Berry Butter

My dear sister gave me the Pioneer Woman's new cookbook for my birthday this summer.
Since summer is crazy busy around here and we eat most of our meals at SBR I finally got around to making something from it.

I chose berry butter.
Why?
Well, it looked easy, and yummy, and I already eat berries and butter so they sound super good put together.
Plus, I've been trying to eat a little healthier this summer, and lets face it, Pioneer woman knows all about good food. Which usually doesn't mean healthy.
Her recipes have delicious butter and cream and cheeses and sugar, all swirled together!
Goodness.

We are a big breakfast eating family, it's Hunky Hubby's favorite meal of the day.
He's also the breakfast chef, since I am still half comatose on the couch by the time he wants to eat breakfast. Hey, what can I say, as a non coffee drinker, I've got nothing to give me a jolt of energy in the mornings, I have to do it naturally. Which translates into slowly.

Since we like our breakfasts homemade and delicious around here,
I try and help H.H. out by making some of the garnishes.

So, 1/2 a pound of softened butter, 3/4 C blackberries from our back yard and 2TBS of powdered sugar later - we have berry butter!


Then Pioneer Woman tells you to roll it onto cling wrap surrounded by tin foil to make a butter log.


I made this a day ahead of time so it would have time to firm up in the fridge.  You wouldn't have to do this, you could just spread it straight from your mixing bowl if you wanted to.


And here you have it, a berry butter log.


Cut a slice, spread it on your waffle, french toast, or pancake, and drizzle with a little maple syrup.



Mmmmm, a delicious addition to breakfast.
Thanks Pioneer Woman!

What's your favorite topping for waffles and pancakes?
I'd love to hear your comments.

Thanks for stopping by,
Jana
Pin It

No comments: