Sunday, August 26, 2012

Remembering the Sabbath

There isn't much that can beat staying home on a Sunday afternoon.
Today after going to church in town, and then running errands afterwards, we came home to chill out a bit before we go to SBR for the new student dinner tonight.
It was drizzly and wet outside which made it the perfect day to curl up with a good book.

 
(This son belongs to me completely, if any of my boys take after me in any way, this guy does.  He and I could spend the whole afternoon sitting together in companionable silence reading our books. And we would enjoy it and we would love the time we spent together)
It was also a good day to take a nap.



It warms my heart to see my family sprawled out on the couch in Sabbath rest.  Wyat is completely passed out on his Daddy's lap and Seth is 'resting' while they watch some kind of boating event on t.v.
Any sport is a default when there is no football being broadcast on our sad selection of channels.
I am so thankful that God programmed a Sabbath rest into our week.
Sometimes we don't take advantage of it.
It leaves us feeling more tired and stressed for the wee k that follows.
It is a blessing to slow down and simply be, to take a nap, or read a book for a couple of hours in the afternoon.
It's healing.
How do you spend your sabbath?
What's your favorite way to rest and recharge?

Oops, I just heard Wyat waking up, I guess the rest time is over.  I suppose I'll have to go back to organizing the bathroom closet!
Thanks for stopping by!
                      Jana Pin It

No comments: