Monday, August 13, 2012

Where Have I Been?

In Canada of course!
I took a voyage into the back woods, which is why I haven't been able to update the blog this past week (we won't discuss why it hasn't been updated much all summer). It is a civilized enough place where I was able to at least check my e-mail and face book, but blogging, well that was out of the question. The Internet connection there is even more questionable than ours here.
So where exactly was I?
I have no idea.
Ha!
I'm not really kidding.
But, it is a place called Canadian Adventure and it is the sister camp to Silver Birch Ranch.


This is the path you will tread upon arrival.
The camp is located on the Montreal River, many miles north of Sault Saint Marie.
You actually have to take a boat to get here.
That's right, no roads leading to this place.
We're talking remote people. R-e-m-o-t-e.


This is the first building you see when you encounter Canadian Adventure.
Appropriately called the lighthouse, it is situated just above the dock that your boat will be tied to.
Full of character and charm and life jackets, it greets the newcomer with a cheerful light and a sense of safety.


If you drive over to the boat landing and turn to look at where you have come from, you may encounter a scene like this.
Hmmm, so peaceful, the settling of evening.


A really fortunate person will get a moment like this.
In a blink it will be gone, but while you are experiencing it is is magnificent! I can't help but stand in awe of the Creator who paints the sky with such beautiful colors for my pleasure.
Thank you God.

It is truly an adventurous place to visit, this camp in the wilderness.
I'll leave you with this small taste for now.
Visit later for more about our trip into the deep recesses of no cell phone coverage and roads that don't exist.

Thanks for stopping by.
Jana

Pin It

No comments: